Latest News / Updates:
• "The Shave Union Movember 200 are proud to announce that reigning champion from 2015, Bernie Gillon, has confirmed he's locked & loaded to defend his title in 2016.
We're also super excited to have confirmed that Kristin Vermeulen has accepted our invite and will line up for this year's event. Kristin joins us flying many flags; competing in Super Saloons in NZ, as well as Victorian Late Models in Australia, not to mention the all important Girl Power banner!".
• The Shave Union Movember200 is set to run in the final week of November 2016, to coincide with the ending of the Movembercampaign.
• Ten NZ Motorsport personalities will line up as Captains on the day. Each Captain will need to compete in a hot lap qualifying session to find their personal best time, the fastest gets to proudly take pole position for the first 100 lap heat.
• What the teams won’t know is that the qualifying session will be completed blindfolded, under guidance by walkie talkie from a team mate.
• Each driver completes a 20 lap stint in each of the 100 lap heat races. The first team team to do 100 laps is the winner!
• In a cruel twist, the winner then starts from Grid 10 in the 2nd heat. He/She then gets to nominate which team will start from grid 9. This captain then gets to choose the team for the next grid, until all 10 grid spots are full.
• The winner of the Moustache Cup is the team that accumulates the most points over the 2 x 100 lap heats.