Latest News / Updates:
"Thanks to our Spaceworks, Formula E, our many valued Sponsors, our competitors & their supporters, we had a slightly less profitable Movember campaign in 2017, with the Movember 200 Event & Raffles raising just shy of $2k.
We couldn't have done it without all of these people, so please check out our Sponsors page & support those that support us.
Keep your eyes peeled for updates on the 2018 Event, our 5th Birthday, here or on our Facebook page www.facebook.com/movember200
Cheers Matt 'Maddog' Moir"
1. Team 2 - Michael Pickens - 20 Points
2. Team 1 - Luke Brown - 17 Points
3. Team 3 - Alexandra Whitley - 14 Points
4. Team 8 - Hooncorp's Dale Lambert - 13 Points
5. Team 5 - Christian Hermansen - 12 Points
6. Team 6 - Nigel Karl & Steve the Maori - 9 Points
7. Team 9 - Jacob Simenson - 9 Points
8. Team 7 - Mike Wilson - 6 Points
9. Team 10 - Craig Lord - 5 Points
10. Team 4 - Bradley Wilson-Dean - 5 Points
• Movember 200 - 2017
We're pleased to announce that the Movember 200 Charity Kart event returns to Auckland's Formula E Indoor Raceway on Sunday 26th November 2017 at 3pm. We welcome onboard the good guys and gals at Spaceworks NZ as our Naming Rights Sponsor.
2017 sees us welcome back Modified Racer Luke Brown to defend his Moustache Cup victory from 2016, as well as 2nd placegetter, Midget & Sprintcar Pilot Michael "Slim" Pickens and Toowoomba's fastest female, former Australian Kart Champ & Ssangyong Ute Racer Alexandra Whitley.
Stepping up to have a crack at the title; current 1NZ Minisprint Campaigner Christian Hermansen from Palmerston North, flying the Girl Power Flag will be Supersport Motorcycle Racer Avalon Biddle, as well as one of NZ's best Speedway Exports, now professional Solo Racer Bradley Wilson-Dean fresh home from the UK. And this is where it get's interesting!
We're equally as impressed to introduce "The Voice" as part of the Spaceworks Movember 200. This is a preliminary heat race, pitting 10x Commentators & Broadcasters head to head to find the Top 4, who will then go into the A-Main Movember 200 event. Dropping the Mic and getting amongst it are;
• Steve "The Maori" Daniel - D1NZ & Baypark Speedway
• Mike "My Cow" Howe - Waikaraka Park & Waiuku Dirt Track
• Mal "I saw the Sign" Sines - BK Pro Dirt Series
• Mike "Commentator of the Year 2016" Wilson - Meeanee & Palmerston North Speedways
• Hayden Lambarth - Huntly & Waikaraka Park Speedways
• Stephen McIvor - Sky Sports & SkySpeed
• Craig "Sooty" Lord - Circuit Racing
• Phil Dark - Circuit Racing
• Billy Hickey - Baypark Speedway
• Matthew Percival - Speedway Blogger
And like the last 3 years - we've got a Driver Goodie Bag for every racer, spot prizes, trophies, special category awards, and a whopping ONE THOUSAND DOLLAR pay day for the winning team!
Search Movember 200 On Trademe to get amongst it now!
• "The Shave Union Movember 200 are proud to announce that reigning champion from 2015, Bernie Gillon, has confirmed he's locked & loaded to defend his title in 2016.
We're also super excited to have confirmed that Kristin Vermeulen has accepted our invite and will line up for this year's event. Kristin joins us flying many flags; competing in Super Saloons in NZ, as well as Victorian Late Models in Australia, not to mention the all important Girl Power banner!".
• The Shave Union Movember 200 is set to run in the final week of November 2016, to coincide with the ending of the Movember campaign.
• Ten NZ Motorsport personalities will line up as Captains on the day. Each Captain will need to compete in a hot lap qualifying session to find their personal best time, the fastest gets to proudly take pole position for the first 100 lap heat.
• What the teams won’t know is that the qualifying session will be completed blindfolded, under guidance by walkie talkie from a team mate.
• Each driver completes a 20 lap stint in each of the 100 lap heat races. The first team team to do 100 laps is the winner!
• In a cruel twist, the winner then starts from Grid 10 in the 2nd heat. He/She then gets to nominate which team will start from grid 9. This captain then gets to choose the team for the next grid, until all 10 grid spots are full.
• The winner of the Moustache Cup is the team that accumulates the most points over the 2 x 100 lap heats.